Talent contest to take place as part of Norfolk Day celebrations
- Credit: PAUL JOHN BAYFIELD
A music festival taking place as part of this year's Norfolk Day celebrations is launching a new talent competition for young singers, dancers and performers who might just be the area's next undiscovered talent.
Taking place over three days and coinciding with Norfolk Day, Gig in the Park is a brand new music festival coming to Diss this summer.
From July 27 to 29, Diss Park will play host to more than 40 bands, including national and local acts, new artists and the winner of a brand new talent competition, Diss's Got Talent.
Open to anyone aged 16 or younger, the competition is looking for entries from people who believe they have a talent worth sharing, whether it be as a musician, acrobat, magician or even a ventriloquist.
Geoff Dixon, one of the organisers of Gig in the Park, said: 'We know that Diss is full of talented people who sing in their bedrooms, load tunes on to Facebook or entertain their friends.
You may also want to watch:
'Now we are giving them the opportunity to perform on the Gig in the Park stage.
Once all the entries are in, finalists will be selected and invited to perform in front of a panel of judges on the festival's main stage in Diss Park, after which the overall winner of the competition will be chosen.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
Entries to the competition can be submitted via WhatsApp, Facebook, iMessage or email. All submitted material may be published or broadcast by the competition.
The closing date for entries is Saturday, June 30.
For more information on the festival and line up, visit www.gig-in-the-park.co.uk
Taking place on Friday, July 27, Norfolk Day is a county-wide day of celebration and fun for which individuals, community groups and business are being encouraged to get involved with by hosting or participating in events.Mr Dixon said; 'Norfolk Day is great excuse for a party, the whole idea of being able to celebrate everything about Norfolk is a great and Gig in the Park gives people in Diss the opportunity to do just that.'Details of events will be revealed in the newspaper, online and via social media.