New food delivery service launches in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Great Yarmouth will be able to enjoy having their favourite fast food orders delivered right to their doorstep thanks to a new delivery service.
Takeaway Taxi offers customers in the town 'within the hour' delivery of KFC, Subway, Burger King and McDonald's.
The business was launched in Ipswich by Milon Miah in 2010 after he identified a growing demand for delivery drivers in the takeaway industry.
Mr Miah, 38, has expanded his company which now operates in Bury St Edmunds, Colchester, Martlesham and Kesgrave, Lowestoft and Norwich.
He said the service has already proved a hit with people in Great Yarmouth since launching two weeks ago.
You may also want to watch:
'We now have a few regular customers which is great. We identified Great Yarmouth as a place we could expand the business and we are looking to develop partnerships with even more restaurants going forward.
'The business has made a good start but I am never happy and always looking to improve.' Mr Miah said.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
Residents can enjoy a breakfast service from 8am to 10am and as well as day-time and evening deliveries from 11am to 10pm.
Customers can either order from its website https://takeawaytaxi.co/or by calling 07563 552996.
It has one manager in each location who sets up and runs the business before taking on other drivers as demand grows.