Norfolk pub launches takeaway roast dinners
- Credit: The Crown Inn, Gayton
You no longer need to spend hours in the kitchen to enjoy a traditional roast on Sundays.
The Crown Inn at Gayton, near King's Lynn, has launched a Sunday roast takeaway service just in time for the cold weather and nights drawing in.
Customers can choose from pork, beef, chicken or a combination of all three and can add roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, broccoli, chipolatas, stuffing and Yorkshire pudding.
The takeaway also comes with a pot of gravy and sauces, and a vegetarian option is available.
Lisa Staples, who owns The Crown with her husband Neil, said: 'The idea came about when one of our Sunday bookings, a table of eight, came along as a table of seven because one of the group had to work.
You may also want to watch:
'We jokingly said, why not take one home for the lady so it would be a nice treat when she got home. We realised that society has changed a lot and that people had to work on Sunday or didn't have time to make a full blown roast, so to be able to pick one up without all the fuss of making it yourself had to be a good idea.'
The roasts are available to order all week until 3pm on Sunday and can be collected from the pub any time on Sunday between 12pm and 10pm.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
The meals are priced at £9 per adult and £6.50 per child.
Do you like the idea of takeaway roasts? Let us know in the comments.