Take the stage! Diss pub to host open mic night for charity
- Credit: Archant
A pair of music lovers are gearing up to stage a fundraising night at a Diss pub.
Peter Rickman and Reg Dixon are hosting an open mic event at the Greyhound from 4pm on Sunday, December 18.
The Jeep and Friends event will be raising funds for East Anglia's Children's Hospices and follows similar music session set up by Mr Rickman, known as Jeep, and his friend Mr Dixon, known as Dixie.
The open mic session will feature General V, Dave M'Kaig, Will and Ben, The Fair Green Band, Vincent Knight and Poseidon's Fury.
People are also encouraged to join in and show off their singing and performing talents.
Pub regular Mr Rickman, who is a guitarist and songwriter, said it would be sixth Christmas fundraiser and expected a good crowd to turn up, with people coming as far as the Isle of Wight to take part.
He added: 'We will promise them a good time and lots fun. We have got a lot of local good talent coming down.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 5 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
'I took part in an American road trip this year and will performing some new songs based on that.
'I like to see myself as cross between Syd Barrett and Boxcar Willie.'
Mr Dixon said he will be performing old school rock and he was taking part as it was for such a good cause.