‘This is the greatest day of my life’ - Fans react as Take That announce Norwich return
- Credit: Archant
Take That fans will get the chance to relive the greatest day in 2019 as the band is set to return to Carrow Road.
The announcement was made on Friday morning with Gary Barlow, Mark Owen and Howard Donald coming to the city on Thursday, May 30.
Whilst the two concerts in 2017 were part of the Wonderland album tour, next year's show will be a celebration of their greatest hits.
It will also take place in the Barclay End, instead of in the middle of the pitch, and the club has applied to Norwich City Council for permission to have bars and eateries outside the ground.
Fans of the band took to social media to express their excitement to have Take That back for good in Norwich.
Chris Stocker tweeted: 'Typical Norwich, the same week as Ed Sheeran announces a gig in Ipswich they go and announce a bigger act with Take That.'
You may also want to watch:
Emma Pask wrote: 'I'll never forget that this is the greatest day of my life that Take That are back for good (well a day) in our fine city, Norwich, next year.
'Thank you, thank you and a thank you for making my Friday - roll on May 2019.'
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 7 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
Caz Gilbert also can't wait for their comeback and tweeted: '@GaryBarlow @takethat Oh my days your playing Norwich again.....yayyyyy.'
But others weren't so excited at the announcement with some hoping for an act that hadn't been at the stadium before.
Zoë Whiting posted on Facebook: 'That's a shame, was hoping for a different group this time.'
Teena Oakley wrote: 'I miss Norwich terribly. Then I see something like this and I'm glad I left.'
Hospitality tickets are available from 9am on Wednesday September 26 on the club website or by phone on 01603 721902.
Wheelchair tickets will also go on sale on Wednesday and can only be purchased by phone.
Tickets go on general sale on Ticketmaster and See Tickets at 9.30am on Friday September 28.