‘This is the greatest day of my life’ - Fans react as Take That announce Norwich return
- Credit: Archant
Take That fans will get the chance to relive the greatest day in 2019 as the band is set to return to Carrow Road.
The announcement was made on Friday morning with Gary Barlow, Mark Owen and Howard Donald coming to the city on Thursday, May 30.
Whilst the two concerts in 2017 were part of the Wonderland album tour, next year's show will be a celebration of their greatest hits.
It will also take place in the Barclay End, instead of in the middle of the pitch, and the club has applied to Norwich City Council for permission to have bars and eateries outside the ground.
Fans of the band took to social media to express their excitement to have Take That back for good in Norwich.
Chris Stocker tweeted: 'Typical Norwich, the same week as Ed Sheeran announces a gig in Ipswich they go and announce a bigger act with Take That.'
Emma Pask wrote: 'I'll never forget that this is the greatest day of my life that Take That are back for good (well a day) in our fine city, Norwich, next year.
'Thank you, thank you and a thank you for making my Friday - roll on May 2019.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 10 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
Caz Gilbert also can't wait for their comeback and tweeted: '@GaryBarlow @takethat Oh my days your playing Norwich again.....yayyyyy.'
But others weren't so excited at the announcement with some hoping for an act that hadn't been at the stadium before.
Zoë Whiting posted on Facebook: 'That's a shame, was hoping for a different group this time.'
Teena Oakley wrote: 'I miss Norwich terribly. Then I see something like this and I'm glad I left.'
Hospitality tickets are available from 9am on Wednesday September 26 on the club website or by phone on 01603 721902.
Wheelchair tickets will also go on sale on Wednesday and can only be purchased by phone.
Tickets go on general sale on Ticketmaster and See Tickets at 9.30am on Friday September 28.