Take a look back at the fun that’s been had at Norwich Pride over the years
- Credit: citizenside.com
As Norwich Pride gears up for its eighth year celebrating the city's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community, here's a look back at the fun had in Norwich at the previous events.
Once a year, for the last seven years, Norwich Pride has succeeded in turning Norwich into a rainbow, as various events have taken place throughout the city, including a Pride Parade and a party in Chapelfield Gardens, which encourage everyone to feel safe and be proud of themselves.
As the city now prepares for its eighth celebration this weekend, which will feature Norfolk police's new Pride car, we look back at some of the fantastic photos that were taken over the last few years which reflect the positivity surrounding the event, as well of the sense of community it creates as thousands of local Norfolk residents come together to overcome prejudice and celebrate love.
These images feature dancers, crowds of supporters, more flags than you could possibly count and an amazing amount of colour, as well as loved-up couples and families in brilliant fancy dress outfits and party gear.
• Norwich Pride takes place on Saturday July 30, with festivities beginning in the city from 10am at the Forum.
You may also want to watch:
• What are your favourite memories of Norwich Pride? Share them in the comments below.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab