Town’s swimming pool still shut after 20 days
- Credit: Archant
The town's swimming pool remains shut following problems with the water temperature and ventilation.
In a post to Facebook, Bungay Pool and Gym said: 'Work to replace older pipe work and fittings is currently being carried out and will be complete by Thursday 18 April.
'Following this, further testing will take place next week with the results expected by Monday May 6.
'Once we have received these results, we will then be able to advise on a potential reopening date.
'Once again, we would like to thank our customers for their patience whilst this essential work is carried out.'
You may also want to watch:
This is the fourth time in six months the pool has been closed.
Earlier this year, East Suffolk Council announced plans for a £3.4 million upgrade for the pool.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?
The plans will include a new sauna, a changing area which includes individual cubicles with showers, an air-conditioned poolside viewing area and re-decoration.