Swimming gala success celebrated in Harleston
- Credit: Archant
A swimming school has celebrated its largest gala event in Harleston.
Held in the Archbishop Sancroft High School's pool, Water Lilies Swimming School hosted the swimming gala on Saturday. The swimming school invited its students working on their STA Angelfish Level 1 badge and above providing an opportunity to experience competitive swimming outside of their normal lessons.
Now in its fourth year, the Water Lilies' gala was the largest yet with more than 50 race entries and all the children who took part were praised for their fantastic effort and achievement.
Water Lilies' new competitive swimming club affiliated with ASA, Harleston Stingrays, was also invited to take part in the swimming gala.
A spokesman for the Water Lillies Swimming School said: 'With a team of parent helpers as race time keepers and Water Lilies' instructors and poolside assistants volunteering, the event was exciting and everyone from the spectators to the children taking part had a great afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
'All the children received an achievement certificate with their times recorded.
'A charity raffle was also run to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital.'
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 7 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
Water Lilies Swimming School is an independent swimming school teaching more than 1,400 babies, children and adults each week across Norfolk and Suffolk.
It is a STA Swim Star Swim School and accredited with the STAMark.
Find out more at www.waterliliesswim.co.uk or visit facebook.com/waterliliesswimmingschool