Sweet trail around Norwich celebrates Hansel and Gretel show
- Credit: supplied by Norwich Puppet Theatre
From jelly beans and humbugs to lollipops and candy canes, an array of giant sweets have been hidden around the city to celebrate the show Hansel and Gretel coming to Norwich Puppet Theatre.
The city venue and the Cathedral Quarter have joined forces to create a special sweet trail for children to follow.
There are 21 giant sweets for children to find. Each sweet has a letter and together the 21 letters makes up a secret message.
Among the people who helped to make the giant sweets and who have been enjoying the trail are Elizabeth and Emily Patterson, aged nine and three.
Elizabeth said: 'My favourite is the jelly beans because they look so amazing tipping out of the jar and there's so many different ones.'
You may also want to watch:
Those who finish the trail and post their completed trail maps into the gingerbread houses at Norwich Puppet Theatre or The Forum will be in with the chance of winning some puppet prizes and edible goodies donated by Gnaw and Sweetastic Norwich.
Maps for the sweet trail are available at Norwich Puppet Theatre and The Forum. They can also be downloaded at www.puppettheatre.co.uk/whats-on/puppetry/cathedral-quarter-sweet-trail
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
Hansel and Gretel, presented by Horse and Bamboo Theatre, is at Norwich Puppet Theatre until December 31. Tickets £9 per person or £30 for a family ticket for four people. For more information and to book tickets, visit www.puppettheatre.co.uk or call the box office on 01603 629921.