Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- Credit: Simon Crutchley
A swan that blocked a village road was caught on camera as he squared up to traffic while his mate watched from the sidelines.
Simon Crutchley, 54, from Rollesby, was leaving Lathams in Potter Heigham when he noticed a backlog of traffic building up over the bridge.
He said: "I was bemused to see a fully grown cob swan standing resolute in the middle of the road. A van and two cars had to come to a total halt in front of him.
"The traffic lights were changing, but nobody could move. Someone took it upon themselves to warn their fellow drivers on the other side that they would have to hang on a bit longer."
Eventually, after much hissing and grandstanding during Wednesday's incident, the swan joined his mate on the pavement.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Crutchley said: "I recognised the cob because I feed him down by the river.
"He's lovely really, but can be aggressive. It was clear nobody was moving him until he felt like moving himself."
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 6 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 7 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 8 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk