Swaffham Town Council backs AirVolution Energy’s 113-metre wind turbine plans
- Credit: Archant
Town councillors have given their backing to plans for two giant wind turbines in Swaffham.
Swaffham Town Council last night voted 11-1 in favour of AirVolution Energy's bid to build two 131-metre wind turbines off Sporle Road.
Councillor Terry Jennison, who objected to the structures, raised concerns about light flicker.
She said: 'These are going to be massive, much bigger than the ones we already have. They are building these with no regard for people who live in the surrounding area.'
The developer claims the turbiness will power up to 3,000 homes.
You may also want to watch:
The final decision will be made by Breckland Council.
- 1 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 2 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 3 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 4 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 5 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 8 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road