Vrooming great! What a drive-by surprise for Ellie-Rose’s 21st
- Credit: Archant
Ellie-Rose Walker was not expecting the 21st birthday of her dreams as coronavirus scuppered her plans.
But then she heard a familiar guttural roar – and it turned into a day she will never forget.
For her mum Niki Clark had organised a drive-by convoy of her favourite car, the Mustang, past the front of their Swaffham home.
Miss Walker said: “I just got back from picking up my nephew from school and my family wouldn’t let me in the house. Then I saw all my family driving by beeping their horns followed by the Mustangs.
“I wasn’t expecting it at all, I was so shocked and happy. I couldn’t stop smiling and shaking.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Clark, 50, had already cancelled the family birthday party and other plans fell through.
She said: “I didn’t know what else to do for her so arranged for some family and friends to take part in a drive-by to wish her a happy birthday.”
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 2 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 3 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 4 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 5 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 6 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 7 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
- 8 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 9 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 10 Households with children to get two Covid tests per person every week