Norfolk student makes final of ‘hottest vegan’ competition
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Swaffham is in with a chance of being crowned the UK's 'hottest vegan' by animal rights organization PETA.
Alexandra Lacey, 19, said she had no expectations of making it this far in the contest when she entered.
Having gotten to the final, however, she said she wants to win to make her voice heard and 'promote the benefits of veganism in a positive and compassionate way'.
Miss Lacey became a vegan three years ago, saying that she loves animals and 'couldn't stand the thought of eating them or anything that comes from them'.
She also said that the vegan diet and lifestyle have helped her to cope with an eating disorder that she was diagnosed with in 2014 and hospitalised for last year.
You may also want to watch:
In the future Miss Lacey hopes to pursue a career in animal agriculture and environment policy and will be studying politics at university from September.
There are 16 finalists in total and PETA will announce the winners (one male and one female) on August 13. They will each receive a trip for two on a luxury cruise.
The public can vote for their favourite finalists on PETA's website.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 8 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 9 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 10 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk