Swaffham’s third Friday evening market to take place under the Christmas lights
Swaffham's third Friday evening market will take place under the Christmas lights of the Market Place when it is held on Friday.
Unlike the previous events in August and September, the market will be held in the central market place and historic Buttercross, and will not involve any road closures.
The market will take place between 6pm and 9pm on Friday December 7, and items at its 25 stalls will include handmade Christmas decorations, candles, wooden crafts and jewellery, as well as home-made foods and pies and flowers. There will also be live entertainment.
The event coincides with the Christmas Tree Festival at St Peter and St Paul Church, which will be open daily until December 9, when it will close with a tree auction.
Sheila Lister, chairman of the market committee, said: 'Our aim is to encourage passing motorists to stop off and get a flavour of what our lovely market town has to offer. We hope this will showcase Swaffham and encourage the people who busily pass through without stopping and shopping to enjoy the event and Swaffham as a town.
You may also want to watch:
'This will make the evening more attractive to passers by and will hopefully put Swaffham back on the map as the place to visit.'
For further information contact Debbie Brown on 01760 722922 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 9 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 10 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure