Swaffham’s new festive lights will not just be for Christmas
- Credit: Ian Burt
A new group has been set up to give Swaffham the 'wow' factor this Christmas – and all year round.
The Swaffham Trade Association was formed in February and has been fundraising to light up the town with some new Christmas lights.
With the pot now standing at £7,000 it has enough funds to branch wrap the trees in the town with 1,000 LED lights, the Buttercross will be lit inside and out, there will be a 20ft artificial Christmas tree outside the Assembly Rooms, and motifs hanging from the street lights.
At the switch-on event on Friday, November 25 there will also be a Victorian Christmas craft and gift market with catering stalls, reindeer, Father Christmas and music.
The event starts at 2pm, with the lights being switched on at 6pm. It will close with a fireworks finale at 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
The lights on the trees and in the Buttercross will remain lit in the evenings all year round to encourage more of an evening culture.
To find out more visit www.swaffhamtradeassociation.net
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation