Swaffham’s Myers Playing Field could get a boost from Tesco’s ‘Bags of Help’ scheme
- Credit: Archant
The trustees of a sports field in Swaffham are overjoyed the property will be included in a 'Bags of Help' charity scheme.
Shoppers at the town's Tesco store will be able to use a token to vote for Myers Playing Field to help it win a grant it would use reduce the size of a boundary hedge, thereby cutting future maintenance costs.
Eric Nye, one of the trustees, said: 'Over the last 65 years there must have been thousands of Swaffham residents who have used the field, and all we ask is that some of them go to Tesco and vote for our scheme over the Christmas period.
'This is a chance to raise some much needed funds which will help keep the Myers Playing Field in good condition for many years.'
The project will be one of three shoppers can vote for at the store from November 1. The playing field is only the fourth Swaffham-based project to be included in the scheme since it began in 2015.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner