Swaffham prepares for second Friday evening market
A continental ambience will again settle in Swaffham when the town holds its second Friday evening market this week.
The first event last month saw hundreds of people enjoy the evening sunshine and local goods and produce, and organisers hope September 14 will also attract visitors attending the opening day of the Brecks Food and Drink Festival, also taking place in the town.
Mayor Terry Jennison said: 'It was so lovely to see so many visitors who were clearly enjoying themselves. It is hoped the second evening market will be just as successful in bringing in people to the town.'
Some people had complained about congestion caused by the closure of one road in the Market Place, and organisers have decided to keep the road open one hour longer before preparations begin.
Town clerk Richard Bishop said: 'The event has been well supported by so many traders and public, the only downside was that the traffic became congested for a short period of time. However, the positive response has far outweighed the negative'.
You may also want to watch:
For information about the September 14 market or the next one planned for December 7, or to attend as an entertainer or stall holder, contact Debbie Brown on 01760 722922 or email@example.com
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault