Swaffham nursing home staff reach for the skies in fundraising challenge
- Credit: Archant
Two nursing home staff members have taken a huge leap of faith in aid of a national charity.
Charlene Waldron and Jessica Thompson, who work at Meadow House Nursing Home in Swaffham, threw caution – and themselves – to the wind in a sky dive for the MS Trust.
Ms Waldron, a registered nurse, and Ms Thompson, a care assistant, carried out their Jump in June over Beccles airfield on June 26 while Meadow House colleagues and residents cheered them on from 10,000 feet below.
The adrenaline-filled challenge has raised their fundraising total for the charity to £840, surpassing their £800 target. More than £400 was raised through a bikeathon and a Be Bold in Blue week at the nursing home, managed by Healthcare Homes.
The bikeathon was completed using exercise bikes set up in the reception area, with residents taking turns to cycle sections of the 68.6 mile journey from Swaffham to the Healthcare Homes head office in Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Waldron and Ms Thompson, who have worked for the home for 18 months and three years respectively, regularly take part in activities carried out at the home.
Of their fundraising for the MS Trust, they said: 'We are extremely pleased to have raised so much for such a worthy cause.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Petrol queues causing rush hour delays despite assurances over fuel supply
'Working with people who live with multiple sclerosis, we see firsthand the challenges they face every day, so helping the MS Trust with this fundraising was very important to us.
'It was terrifying and exciting but we are so proud to have completed this challenge and look forward to continuing to help raise awareness of MS with the team at Meadow House.'
For more information or to donate to Meadow House's fundraising drive, search for 'Charlene Waldron' at uk.virginmoneygiving.com.