Nursing home celebrates Chinese New Year with authentic banquet
- Credit: Meadow House
Residents and staff at a nursing home in Swaffham enjoyed celebrations to mark the Chinese New Year.
Staff at Meadow House Nursing Home organised an authentic Chinese banquet.
The food was cooked up by activities coordinator, Belinda Jones with the help of colleagues Jolanda Ozyp and Maggie O'Brien.
On the menu was chicken chow mein, egg fried rice, stir fried vegetables and fortune cookies.
The afternoon continued with a quiz organised by one of the home's volunteers, Nev.
You may also want to watch:
The Chinese New Year celebrations were one of many seasonal and creative activities on offer for the residents at the home.
Staff provide regular entertainment and activities, they also host a range of events for residents, friends, family and members of the community.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
Meadow House Nursing Home is rated as outstanding and provides specialised care for those living with physical disabilities.