Nursing home celebrates Chinese New Year with authentic banquet
- Credit: Meadow House
Residents and staff at a nursing home in Swaffham enjoyed celebrations to mark the Chinese New Year.
Staff at Meadow House Nursing Home organised an authentic Chinese banquet.
The food was cooked up by activities coordinator, Belinda Jones with the help of colleagues Jolanda Ozyp and Maggie O'Brien.
On the menu was chicken chow mein, egg fried rice, stir fried vegetables and fortune cookies.
The afternoon continued with a quiz organised by one of the home's volunteers, Nev.
The Chinese New Year celebrations were one of many seasonal and creative activities on offer for the residents at the home.
Staff provide regular entertainment and activities, they also host a range of events for residents, friends, family and members of the community.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 6 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 7 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 10 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
Meadow House Nursing Home is rated as outstanding and provides specialised care for those living with physical disabilities.