Swaffham Lions variety show in support of charity Sophie’s Fund
- Credit: Ian Burt
Swaffham and District Lions Club will mark their 100th year with a variety show in support of Sophie's Fund.
The 'Grand Variety Show' will be held at The Barn Theatre, part of Swaffham convent school, on Saturday, October 21, at 7.30pm.
The King's Lynn Town Brass Band Ensemble will kick things off with a performance, followed by an array of talent, including: the King's Lynn Male Voice Choir; Daisy Cat's Folk Group; singer Louise Smith, of the Lynn Operatic and Dramatic Society; and baritone Andrew Masterson, a member of the Gilbert and Sullivan Society.
The programme is being compered by Swaffham town crier, Nigel Wilkins.
The event is in support of Sophie's Fund, with the Lions donating all proceeds to the charity, which supports an 18-year-old girl who suffers from a rare syndrome
Tickets for the event are £10 and are available from Ceres Bookshop in Swaffham or Dennis Tallon on 07810773601.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 7 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 8 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 9 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 10 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park