Swaffham Lions variety show in support of charity Sophie’s Fund
- Credit: Ian Burt
Swaffham and District Lions Club will mark their 100th year with a variety show in support of Sophie's Fund.
The 'Grand Variety Show' will be held at The Barn Theatre, part of Swaffham convent school, on Saturday, October 21, at 7.30pm.
The King's Lynn Town Brass Band Ensemble will kick things off with a performance, followed by an array of talent, including: the King's Lynn Male Voice Choir; Daisy Cat's Folk Group; singer Louise Smith, of the Lynn Operatic and Dramatic Society; and baritone Andrew Masterson, a member of the Gilbert and Sullivan Society.
The programme is being compered by Swaffham town crier, Nigel Wilkins.
The event is in support of Sophie's Fund, with the Lions donating all proceeds to the charity, which supports an 18-year-old girl who suffers from a rare syndrome
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event are £10 and are available from Ceres Bookshop in Swaffham or Dennis Tallon on 07810773601.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 4 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 5 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 6 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation