Team of ‘Easter bunnies’ deliver treats to families to spread cheer
- Credit: Archant
Did you find an egg on your doorstep in Swaffham on Sunday? Here’s why.
A team of volunteers from Swaffham Lions and The White Hart Pub hand delivered more than 200 chocolate eggs on Easter Sunday.
Nine of the lions, dubbed Easter bunnies, filled their cars at 7am to deliver the eggs which had been donated by businesses and people across the town.
a spokesperson from Swaffham Lions said: “The eggs had been donated by businesses and local people to add Easter cheer in this difficult time.
“Great care was taken to ensure government guidelines on social distancing were adhered too.”
You may also want to watch:
One woman living on London Street said: “Thank you to the Easter bunny, whoever you are.
“I was so excited to come out my front door to go on shift and find a golden egg on the doormat, I nearly cried!”
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 3 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 4 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
Another resident, Claire Adcock, said: “Fantastic effort, sure you made a lot of people smile.”