Swaffham Lions donate £2,200 to community groups at funding event
- Credit: Archant
The Swaffham Lions have awarded funding to nine community groups, at a charity event, in Swaffham.
The groups each gave a presentation on why they required the funding.
£300 was awarded to the 2nd Swaffham Brownies, to attend summer camp, and the Necton Youth Football Club for running costs.
Secondly, £250 was awarded to the 1st Swaffham Scouts, for benches and tables, the 2nd Swaffham Guides, for ovens, the Wayland Carers Social Group, for outings, and the Swaffham Visually Impaired Peoples' Society, for room hire.
Finally, £200 was awarded to the Friends of Swaffham Infants School, for a 'learning den', the Swaffham Town Football and Social Club, for defibrillator batteries and pads, and the Swaffham Cricket Club, for benches.
You may also want to watch:
All the groups who received funding said that it would be a major help to them, and thanked the Lions for hosting the event. The total donated to the local groups was £2,200.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre