Swaffham Christmas lights switch on is glittering success
- Credit: Archant
Swaffham kicked of the festive period on Friday with their huge Christmas lights switch-on event.
Thousands of stunning LED lights lit up buildings and trees along Market Place in the centre of town and a huge 20ft Christmas tree came alive with bright colourful lights.
Even the historic Buttercross dome in the centre of town was decorated in lights and street lights were lit up with various designs using the letter S in honour of the town's name.
The celebrations went on for most of the evening and the town centre was packed with stalls selling Christmas themed gifts and treats. There was even a funfair in town, with rides and games for all ages.
Children had the chance to meet Father Christmas at a grotto in the Arts Lounge Gallery and greet a real life reindeer.
You may also want to watch:
The huge event was supported by the Swaffham Trade Association (STA), which raised over £5,000 to contribute towards the town council's festive budget.
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 9 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each