People without Covid symptoms urged to use new walk-in test site
- Credit: Archant
People in a market town have been urged to use a new Covid testing site, where you can get your results in just 30 minutes.
People in Swaffham are being encouraged to come forward for symptom-free testing, which will be held in the Assembly Rooms from Monday, April 19.
Prime minister Boris Johnson has said around one in three people who are infected with Covid-19 have no symptoms so could be spreading the disease without knowing it, which is why being tested is vital.
Sam Chapman-Allen, Breckland Council’s leader, said: “These tests can help identify people who have covid but no symptoms, ensuring they avoid spreading it to their friends, loved ones and within their communities.
"As people can just walk up to the testing site, I hope residents in and around Swaffham will make the most of the opportunity to access a test.”
The programme has already been offered in other parts of the county, including King’s Lynn, Great Yarmouth, and Norwich.
People without Covid-19 symptoms can simply drop into the centre and receive their lateral flow test as part of the asymptomatic programme.
The test will give residents their results after 30 minutes of completing it.
Anybody who does have symptoms – a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or a loss or change to sense of smell or taste – should instead book a test via www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119.
Location and opening times:
Swaffham Assembly Rooms, Market Place, PE37 7AB
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
Monday, April 19: 8am to 4pm
Tuesday, April 20: 8am to 4pm
Wednesday, April 21: 8am to 4pm
Thursday April 22: 8am to 4pm
Friday, April 23: No testing
Saturday, April 24 : 8am to 4pm