Suspected distraction burglar becomes aggressive with Dereham householder
Homeowners are being warned to be vigilant after a suspected distraction burglar became aggressive with a female householder.
The man called at an address on Stone Road, Dereham, at about 3.30pm on Tuesday, claiming to sell windows and doors.
He gradually became more and more aggressive when questioned by the householder and failed to disclose the company he worked for.
When the 50-year-old victim went to take a leaflet, he pushed her hand away and left the address.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who may have been approached by a male claiming to be selling such products in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect was described as white, between 5ft 11in and 6ft tall, of slim build, wearing jeans and a T-shirt and with a gap in his front teeth.
Witnesses are asked to contact PC Tom Weston at Norfolk police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads