Surf’s up! Church makes unusual offer to get more parishioners on board
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
A church in a north Norfolk seaside resort is offering free surfing lessons to parishioners in an attempt to get more people on board.
Soul Church's Cromer ministry has announced it will be opening its Surf Misson this summer.
Working in association with the Glide Surf School, free surfing and stand up paddle board lessons are on offer for anyone who wants to have a go.
The church, which previously met at Huckleberries Cafe in Cromer, revealed it has had to find a new meeting place in the town due to its increasing popularity.
It will meet for the first time at Cromer Community Centre on Saturday, April 8.
You may also want to watch:
Pastor Jon Norman said: 'We're thrilled to have found such an excellent new venue where we'll be able to welcome many more each month.'
In addition to the monthly services the chuch meets weekly for Connect Groups and runs a toddler group in Overstand.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price