Support to get fit for the New Year
- Credit: Archant © 2011
A new year and a healthier regime – people in Waveney are being encouraged to kick-start 2016 with a series of free weight loss courses being held from next week.
Sentinel Leisure Trust – which runs leisure services in Waveney on behalf of the district council – has joined forces with Live Well Suffolk to help the people in the district lose weight and keep it off in the year ahead.
The Lose Weight with Live Well Suffolk courses will start at Waterlane Leisure Centre, in Lowestoft next Tuesday, January 5 – from 5.30pm to 7pm – on Tuesday, January 12 from 1pm to 2.30pm, and at Bungay Pool and Gym next Wednesday, January 6 from 1pm to 2.30pm.
The course, which has already helped more than 200 people in Waveney successfully lose weight since it launched in March 2015, runs for 12 weeks and aims to help participants lose five per cent of their body weight.
Stuart Everett, managing director for Sentinel Leisure Trust, said: 'The New Year is a time when many of us want to make a fresh start and make improvements to our health.
'The next weight loss courses comes at the perfect time to really kick-start your health regime in 2016.'
Hannah Clarke is Live Well Suffolk's senior adult weight management practitioner and will be leading the course.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 10 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
She added: 'We'd love to hear from anyone who thinks they could benefit from the free weight loss support that we offer.
'Maintaining a healthy weight through a balanced diet and regular exercise is incredibly important in preventing serious health conditions and we've already helped hundreds of people in Waveney take step towards a healthier future – let us help you too.'
For more information and to apply please visit www.livewellsuffolk.org.uk or call Live Well Suffolk on 01473 229292.
The course is open to those with a BMI (body mass index) of over 30, or above 28 for those with a pre-existing health condition.
? Are you organising a community project? Tell The Journal by calling 01502 525820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org