Support expressed for stock car driver in hospital after falling ill
- Credit: Archant
Messages of support have been expressed for a well known stock car driver from north Norfolk who fell ill over the weekend.
Mathew Newson, a BriSCA formula one stock car driver, from Aylsham, was taken ill at a BriSCA Fight Night event on Saturday and a post on Facebook by the The British Stock Car Drivers Association (BSCDA) earlier today said he is in a 'critical but stable' condition in hospital.
The post read: 'As reported over the weekend, BSCDA committee member Mathew Newson is currently in hospital and is in a critical but stable condition.
'Mat's parents, Rob (Bugsie) and Anita are overwhelmed by the concern, support and well wishes from everyone.
'Please can we ask people to refrain from contacting the family whilst they go through this stressful and worrying time.
You may also want to watch:
'We will keep you updated when more information is available.
'Thank you for your understanding at this time.'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
In a tweet, the BSCDA also said: 'We will keep you updated but sure you will join the BSCDA in sending Mat our best wishes and hope for a speedy recovery.'
Trackstar Racing also said on Twitter: 'All of us at Trackstar are very sorry to learn BriSCA F1 Superstar #16 Mat Newson is in poor health.
'Best wishes to him and his family at this time, fingers and everything crossed for a quick recovery.'