Super slimmer sheds eight stone in just 46 weeks
- Credit: Archant
A 40-year-old has been recognised for her life-changing weight loss after shredding eight stone in less than a year.
Claire Johnson from Beccles has gone from 20st 5lb to 12st 5lb in just 46 weeks.
And now she has been named Slimming World 'Woman of the Year' for the Worlingham 7.30pm group.
Miss Johnson joined Slimming World in September 2016 after becoming increasingly unhappy with her size. And, having lost her dad to heart failure because of his weight and health, she realised she had to do something.
Dropping from a dress size 24 to a 14, she said: 'I was always a big girl and thought and my energy levels were low so I drove everywhere. I kept myself to myself in fact I was quite a loner. It took me a while to pluck up the courage to join Slimming World after trying to diet on my own and failing.
You may also want to watch:
'I found it painful to walk as I always seemed to have swollen ankles and constantly out of breathe. The final decision came when the nurse at work told me my heart rate was very high and they were concerned about my blood pressure being 140/98. That did it, I'd just been told I was going to be a godmother as well and how could I run around after my goddaughter if I couldn't even walk without getting out of breathe.'
Miss Johnson lost 7.5lb in her first week, and now loves walking and playing squash.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 10 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
She said: 'Before it took me so long just to walk to the bin, now through body magic I'd rather walk than drive. I've even done a 160ft bungee to celebrate reaching my first weight loss target. My blood pressure is now 113/80 and I'm out of the danger zone. Being able to shop in high street stores like Superdry and Next is an awesome feeling and I now have a social life and gained some amazing friends in our Slimming World group. My confidence has shot right up.'
The Worlingham Slimming World group is held every Tuesday at 5.30pm and 7.30pm at Worlingham Primary School in Garden Lane. For more details call Liz on 07979781480.