Super slimmer sheds more than six stone in 42 weeks
- Credit: courtesy of Holly
A 27-year-old has been named Woman of the Year after losing more than six stone in just 42 weeks.
Holly Dowler picked up the title for the Carlton Colville Slimming World group after losing 6st 8lb - dropping from 16st 6.5lbs to 9st 12.5lbs.
And now she's been chosen to represent her group at the nationwide Slimming World Woman of the Year 2017 competition, which aims to find the UK and Ireland's most inspiring female slimmer.
Mrs Dowler, who has gone from a dress size 20/22 to a 10, said: 'When I started out I never dreamt I'd be able to achieve all that I have. Losing the weight has made such a big difference – it's changed my life. My health is better, I have more energy and I'm much happier now – I definitely feel more comfortable in my own skin.'
Mrs Dowler joined Slimming World in October 2016 after becoming increasingly unhappy with her size.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'I started to put on weight after quitting my university course, I then steadily continued to put weight on, continuing to increase in size during the early years of my marriage and then after having my first child. I tried lots of different diets but they usually left me feeling hungry or miserable – or both, in fact.'
Mrs Dowler lost 7lbs in her first week and as the weight started to come off, her fitness improved.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?
She said: 'I remember feeling like there was no hope when it came to my weight but I've realised that when people believe in you – and you believe in yourself – you can do anything you set your mind to.'
Mrs Dowler will go forward to the regional finals of the competition, putting her in the running for the national title. The overall winner will be announced in November.
Claire Bond, who runs the Carlton Colville group, said: 'I'm so proud of Holly. She's a fantastic ambassador for Slimming World and what she's achieved is nothing short of incredible! She's a huge inspiration to everyone in our group and I hope she inspires other women - and men in Lowestoft to change their lives in the same way.'