The Sunday Times names closed venue as a Norwich highlight
- Credit: Archant
The recently revealed Sunday Times list for best places to live in the UK seems to be out of date.
Last weekend (Sunday April, 14) The Sunday Times published its complete Best Places to Live 2019 list, which included a write up of the city of Norwich - one of three places in Norfolk, along with Aylsham and Blakeney, to make the prestigious feature.
While it probably came as no surprise to locals to find their 'fine city' on the list as a great place to live, they may have been bewildered to see a now closed venue mentioned among the reasons for the listing.
Among other accolades, The Sunday Times said: 'The music scene is particularly strong - the Owl Sanctuary has been saved from closure, and the Blueberry and Norwich Arts Centre are the top venues.'
Despite a campaign to save it, The Owl Sanctuary closed its doors for the final time last year to be replaced by Bermuda Bob's rum bar.
You may also want to watch:
The Sunday Times did not wish to provide a comment but said it would amend the list online.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 6 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 7 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 8 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list