Sun shines on Mattishall play area opening event
- Credit: Katie O'Connor
The new Mattishall Play Area has opened, just in time for the school holidays.
The sun shone for the opening event which included an afternoon of music, performed by Just Ash, together with a barbecue, refreshments and face painting.
As the ribbon was cut by the children of the Play Area Committee, a sea of excited children ran through the gates onto the equipment. The gym equipment was also enjoyed by all ages.
It was a memorable and proud moment for the committee members who have worked so hard to see this project to the end.
The play area has been funded by many grants, donations and fundraising events. A plaque is being prepared to name all those who made this project possible.
You may also want to watch:
The committee extends its thanks to The Barlow Charity, Mattishall Scout group, Mattishall Parish Council and Mattishall Sports and Social club for their support.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools