Sun’s out as crowds flock to Cromer and Sheringham’s crab and lobster festival
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
It kicked off with an opening concert on Friday, May 19 at Cromer Pavilion Theatre with a night of seaside fun, folk and comedy.
And hundreds of people packed into Cromer on Saturday, May 20 to enjoy a range of activities.
Cromer Mayor John Frosdick said: 'We are expecting a record crowd over the weekend. The weather was superb on the first day.
'Everyone was enjoying themselves and there were lots of happy faces. All the stallholders were doing well.
'It was also busy in town, so the festival had not taken any trade away from the town centre.'
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the weekend there will be crab dressing demonstrations as well as the chance to have-a-go yourself and take part in crab dressing competitions.
The festival weekend continues in both Cromer and Sheringham on Sunday, May 21.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut
For the first time the festival's venue in Cromer, Evington Lawns, will host the World's Best Crab Sandwich competition.
Eateries from across north Norfolk will compete for the title at 2pm on Sunday, May 21. This will be followed by the ever popular Crab Race off the pier at 3pm.
In both towns local fishermen will be demonstrating the art of net braiding and pot making as well as the popular mobile aquarium from the Eastern Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority.