Summer bus service to Great Yarmouth station to be launched
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2015
Buses will serve Great Yarmouth train station again this summer, for the fourth year running.
From May 28 until September 23, First Eastern Counties service 1B will link the station with Vauxhall Holiday Park, the town ventre, Yarmouth Stadium, Caister, California, Scratby and Hemsby.
The service will operate hourly throughout the week, increasing to every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday during the school summer holidays.
It will run hourly on Sundays during the period.
Steve Wickers, Managing Director at First Eastern Counties Buses said: 'The re-introduction in 2014 of a bus service to Great Yarmouth rail station was very well received by local residents and visitors alike.
We are happy to be working in partnership with Greater Anglia once again and look forward to welcoming passengers on board the service this summer.'
James Reeve, Greater Anglia's Area Customer Service Manager, said: 'We are pleased to work with FirstGroup at Yarmouth to promote the service between the rail station and the key tourist leisure attractions in the district. Many visitors to the town arrive by train and being able to offer a seamless travel experience for onward journeys from the station is very important for our customers and helps to showcase Great Yarmouth as a great holiday destination.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 10 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000