Suits and Sneakers charity event being held at Tao Club and Lounge in Norwich to raise funds for Bryan Gunn’s Appeal
Wearing sneakers on a night out can often result in being refused entry to bars, but a quirky charity fundraiser in Norwich is actually encouraging both guys and girls to don sneakers and suits for a special night out.
The Suits and Sneakers event at Tao Club and Lounge, in Prince of Wales Road, on March 9 is the idea of Ben Adams, Rob Sinclair and Rick Liddiment who all live in the city and who run the Hotbox nights twice a month at Tao.
They hope this Hotbox charity night will raise about �1,000 for Bryan Gunn's Appeal which helps children and young people with leukaemia and other forms of cancer.
Mr Adams, whose family are good friends with Bryan Gunn, said: 'With Hotbox we want to offer a different type of night out in Norwich, and the suits and sneakers night is kind of quirky.
'People do not have to wear suits and sneakers, but it would be awesome if they did - including the girls.
'It should be a lot of fun.'
Music on the night will include disco, dance, club classics, 80s and 90s, reggae and hip hop.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Norfolk Labour website tells people not to vote for party
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
People will also have the chance to win prizes, including a pair of Beats By Dre Headphones which have been donated by B.B.Adams.
The event is also being supported by clothes shop Philip Browne which will be hosting a related DJ event in-store on the same evening until 9pm as part of the Norwich Lanes Fashion Night Out.
• The Suits and Sneakers event is from 9.30pm until 3am on Friday, March 9 at Tao.
Tickets cost �5, and for every ticket sold �1 is being donated to Bryan Gunn's Appeal.
Tickets can be bought on the night. To find out about booking tickets in advance email email@example.com
• Hotbox also has a night at Tao this Friday when DJ@War is performing. For more information on this and other events see Hotbox's Facebook page or find Hotbox on Twitter at @HotBoxNights
• Are you planning an unusual charity event? Call reporter Emma Knights on 01603 772428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org