‘Do not click on the link’: Warning issued over scam email
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Householders are being urged to be wary of a scam email.
Suffolk Trading Standards has issued the 'Scam Alert' warning after a Suffolk resident received a very convincing email.
A post on the Suffolk Trading Standards Facebook page said: "Please be careful of this very convincing scam email received by a Suffolk resident.
"The email purports to be from Anglian Water - Love Every Drop, threatening to disconnect people if they don't click on a link to update their personal details.
"This is a fake email!
You may also want to watch:
"If you receive it, report the scam email to Scams Action by calling 0300 330 3003 and then delete it."
Suffolk Trading Standards urged people "do not click on the link!"
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab