Driver who ‘stopped drinking at midnight’ caught over the limit nearly 12 hours later
- Credit: Archant © 2007
Police have issued a warning motorist after a drink driver was stopped on Saturday morning.
The 67-year-old driver was stopped in Halesworth at 10.50am on December 14.
He was found to be 36pc over the legal drink drive limit, officers claimed.
In a post on the Halesworth Police Facebook page, a spokesperson said: "On Saturday morning, December 14, Halesworth sergeant Lee pulled over a 67-year-old male driver at 10.50am in Halesworth.
"The driver was required to provide a sample of breath at the roadside. The result indicated a fail.
You may also want to watch:
"The driver told Sgt Lee that he had not drunk since midnight, but still blew 36pc over the drink drive limit.
"Remember, a night's sleep does not always guarantee a driver is safe to take the wheel. The problem with drinking and driving is... the morning after."
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
The driver is now set to appear at Ipswich Magistrates court on Tuesday.