Suffolk police chief to hold web chat
- Credit: Archant
The chief constable of Suffolk police Douglas Paxton will be holding a live web chat tomorrow night.
Mr Paxton will be on-line between 6.30pm and 8pm to answer any questions about policing or local issues.
Questions can be submitted anonymously and will be answered in real time.
Mr Paxton said: 'I held a web chat towards the end of last year. It was hugely popular and gave me a valuable insight into the thoughts and concerns of lots of people in our communities.
'Policing in Suffolk is undergoing a great deal of change as we find ways to make the financial savings required by the government. Despite this, we are continuing to reduce crime, and local people tell us they are happy with our services.
You may also want to watch:
'This is great, but I know there are always things we can do better and areas that people would like us to address. These events are excellent ways of me hearing about these issues.
'I would encourage lots of people to log on tomorrow and join the chat.'
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 9 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
To take part or to access Mr Paxton's web chat, visit www.suffolk.police.uk and access the link advertised on the homepage.
Mr Paxton is also touring the county with Suffolk's police and crime commissioner Tim Passmore as part of a public consultation event.