Suffolk music stars need your votes
- Credit: Archant
Rapper Jake Aldridge and vocalist Steve Moyse, two of Suffolk's rising stars, could get the opportunity to record with award-winning producer Billie Laurie who has previously worked with the likes of Sir Paul McCartney, the Bee Gees and Tina Turner.
Although they consider themselves separate artists, the pair will compete together against seven other acts at the Hippodrome Theatre in London on June 8.
The performers were all hand picked by Dingwalls, the same company who discovered pop sensation Ellie Goulding. The show will be aired Live on Sky TV one week later and the winners will receive studio time with Laurie.
'I was selected for the opportunity and I told the organisers that Steve was the person who I performed live with and they said that's great, I should bring him a long,' said Mr Aldridge, who lives in Carlton Colville. He described the competition as a possible life changing opportunity.
'It's one that I've been working towards for a very long time. Winning this competition really would mean the world and we'd be incredibly grateful for your votes.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Aldridge has been writing and recording songs for 12 years and has already accomplished a great deal as an independent artist. His music has been featured on PlayBoy TV, aired on Tom Robinson's BBC Introducing Show and even went to number one on Zone Radio's Top 40 chart in South Africa.
The music video for his latest song 'Fireman' was recently picked up by SoundNet, which has distributed it to 2,000 UK bars, clubs and hotels via their Jukebox.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
Mr Moyse, from Reydon, has performed in Nashville's world famous Tootsies Bar and works closely with David Langley, the former guitarist of Willie Nelson. He said that while he and Mr Aldridge had collaborated many times together since 2010, they had pursued their own music careers.
'We can't always work together,' he said. 'But if we were to win this competition and we're a package somebody wants, why would we walk away from that?'
He said the duo would bring something fresh and different to the competition.
You can purchase tickets for the gig at www.hippodromecasino.com/events/dingwalls-singers-live.
To vote for Jake and Steve, text 'ACT 4' to 83149. Texts cost £1.