Suffolk magician Matt Edwards through to Britain’s Got Talent final
- Credit: PA
A comedy magician from Suffolk has made it through to the Britain's Got Talent final after wowing the judges and viewers with his performance.
Matt Edwards from Stowmarket was runner-up to eight-year-old magician Izzy Simpson in the second-semi final of the ITV talent show.
Presenters Ant and Dec, who gave Matt their Golden Buzzer during the pre-recorded auditions, gushed: 'We could not be more proud of you.'
Matt won the attention of the show's female judges during his wacky act, with Alesha Dixon comparing him to a young Jim Carrey and Amanda Holden saying he looked more like singer Robbie Williams.
Simon Cowell suggested he could be the kind of talent snatched to host a game show – and all agreed they would like to have seen him get more time because he had had to cram so much into his act.
You may also want to watch:
Issy won the public vote after she stunned audiences and judges with her impressive word tricks on a Harry Potter-inspired stage set, said she felt 'very good' as she was crowned episode winner.
The grand final takes place on Sunday with the winner bagging £250,000 and a slot at The Royal Variety Performance.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage