Delays warning with road to be closed and traffic diverted
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned of possible delays as a road is closed and traffic is diverted.
The warning comes as Suffolk Highways carries out emergency work on Minden Road in Lowestoft.
The emergency work to clear "five blocked gullies causing flooding in the carriageway" is to be carried out on Monday, January 6.
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, "delays are likely" while the work is carried out.
With traffic restrictions on Minden Road and a diversion in place, it states that the work will be taking place "from Northgate until Rotterdam Road."
You may also want to watch:
Cadent had carried out emergency work in Minden Road "to repair a gas escape" over the past couple of weeks.
That work ended on December 27, and now Suffolk Highways will be putting a road closure in place next month.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 10 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
With access to pedestrians and cyclists maintained at all times, a diversion route of 0.5km will be in operation.
You can keep up to date with all the latest delays by viewing our Live Traffic Map.