Suffolk cycling initiative for women of all ages is coming to Southwold
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk-wide cycling initiative encouraging women and girls to get on their bikes is coming to Southwold.
Women on Wheels will stage a ride beginning at William Godell Sports Pavilion, on Sunday, July 2.
Cyclists of all abilities are welcome with seven, 18 and 30 mile routes available.
Ann Williamson, Women on Wheels ambassador, said: 'The ethos of the Women on Wheels events is to get women either into cycling or lapsed cyclists to return to it. They are not sportives, they are social, community based events.
'What has been really encouraging for me as ambassador is the number of ladies who continue cycling after the event and return year on year, some taking the next step up and choosing a longer route.'
You may also want to watch:
Other events are planned for Bury St Edmunds, Sudbury, Debenham and Rendlesham.
Registration for the event begins at 9am.
For further dates and more information visit: www.wowsuffolk.org.uk
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument