Warning issued after spate of scam calls from someone claiming to be from Suffolk County Court
- Credit: Archant
A further warning has been issued to householders, urging them to be aware of cold callers.
It comes after a spate of scam calls have been received across Suffolk, with the latest from someone claiming to be from 'Suffolk County Court.'
With Trading Standards officers receiving a number of reports from residents, they issued the latest scam call warning.
A post on the Suffolk Trading Standards Facebook page said: "Reports of scam calls being received across Suffolk from someone purporting to be from 'Suffolk County Court'.
"The caller states that there has been a fine issued against the resident and that it must be paid, otherwise further action will be taken.
"The caller then goes on to ask for bank or credit card details.
"If you receive a similar call, hang up and do not give the caller any personal details."
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 7 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
If you need advice, please report any scam calls to 03454 040506.