Suffolk County Council launches campaign to recruit school governors
- Credit: Archant
A council has launched a new campaign to address the 450 school governor vacancies that exist across Suffolk.
Suffolk County Council launched its Govern Suffolk Schools campaign today (Monday) – with the aim of recruiting people to put their skills into Suffolk schools to benefit the lives of children and young people across the county.
A governor takes part in strategic discussions, deciding the schools vision and ethos, determining school budgets and other similar tasks. They are required to act in the best interests of all the pupils of the school and behave in a professional manner.
Gordon Jones, cabinet member for children's services, education and skills, said: 'Becoming a school governor is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team that can positively influence children's lives. The Govern Suffolk Schools campaign is really important with School Governors playing such a vital role in our education system. We need more Suffolk residents to put their skills into our schools to continue driving up standards.'
To find out more about becoming a governor visit www.suffolk.gov.uk/governsuffolk or search 'Govern Suffolk Schools'.
You may also want to watch:
To register your interest call 01473 263972 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 10 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital