Suffolk brewer Adnams buys the White Horse at Blakeney
Suffolk brewing giant Adnams has announced that it has bought the White Horse pub and hotel at Blakeney.
The Southwold-based company has snapped up the seaside business and handed the lease to francis Guildea, who has managed Adnams hotels for the past 10 years.
Adnams chairman Jonathan Adnams said: 'We are delighted to add the White Horse to our estate. It has a well-established reputation for excellent local food and has been an Adnams stockist for many years.
'This is a truly beautiful small hotel in a stunning location and adds to our presence in Norfolk alongside The Globe at Wells and The Victoria at Holkham.'
Mr Adnams added: 'Furthermore, we would like to congratulate Francis Guildea who will take on the lease at the White Horse. Francis has managed Adnams Hotels for the past 10 years and is a well-known hotelier throughout the region.
You may also want to watch:
'We wish him every success and look forward to working with him as he puts his own mark on this former coaching inn.'
Mr Guildea said: 'When I heard that Adnams was buying the White Horse, I decided that this was an excellent opportunity for me and my family. Blakeney is such a special place and with its nine bedrooms, The White Horse is the perfect place to start my own business, whilst still staying within the Adnams fold.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
'The hotel already has a great reputation and I am fortunate to have inherited a young, spirited and enthusiastic team who are keen to work with me to find new ways to 'wow' guests who visit us. These are exciting times ahead and I look forward to bringing some of what I have learnt at Adnams over the past 10 years to The White Horse.'
The White Horse was previously a privately-owned freehouse.