Success as Mundford teen wins scholarship
- Credit: Andrew Wiard / reportphotos.com
A 16-year-old from Mundford has won a prestigious scholarship aimed at future leaders in engineering, computing and technical design.
Engineering student Joseph Rolph said he was thrilled to have been awarded the Joseph Rolph's Arkwright Trust Scholarship award.
Joseph, who is currently studying a BTEC Engineering Level 3 Extended Diploma on a two year course at West Suffolk College, said: 'This scholarship and all that it entails will allow me to pursue my interests in engineering whilst giving me opportunities to visit various universities and engineering lectures.'
The award is sponsored by the John Jarrold Trust and was presented to Joseph at the Institution of Engineering and Technology in Savoy Place, London.
The scholarships support students whose interests cover many different kinds of engineering including electrical, mechanical, structural, chemical, nuclear, marine, medical, environmental, aerospace, automotive and more.
The scholarship consists of support from the John Jarrold Trust as well as CAD software training, engineering. experience days hosted by industry. Joseph will also receive £600 to purchase text books, project materials and enrichment experiences.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk