‘A partial eclipse of the heart’: Stunning luna shot wins Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This stunning image of the partial luna eclipse has secured the Lowestoft Journal's Picture of the Week.
The mesmerizing shot, captured by photographer Robert Mckenna from Kessingland was taken on his hand held 400mm Canon lens, attached to a Canon 7D camera body.
Mr Mckenna said: "After hearing on the local television stations about the possibility a partial lunar eclipse my daughter and I decided to walk the dog later than usual.
"Sure enough the eclipse could be seen for about 60 minutes before disappearing behind the clouds and I managed to take this photo," he said.
As our winner, Mr Mckenna receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures with a contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road