‘A partial eclipse of the heart’: Stunning luna shot wins Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This stunning image of the partial luna eclipse has secured the Lowestoft Journal's Picture of the Week.
The mesmerizing shot, captured by photographer Robert Mckenna from Kessingland was taken on his hand held 400mm Canon lens, attached to a Canon 7D camera body.
Mr Mckenna said: "After hearing on the local television stations about the possibility a partial lunar eclipse my daughter and I decided to walk the dog later than usual.
"Sure enough the eclipse could be seen for about 60 minutes before disappearing behind the clouds and I managed to take this photo," he said.
As our winner, Mr Mckenna receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
You may also want to watch:
To enter our competition, email your pictures with a contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 3 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 6 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 7 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 8 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 9 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 10 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask