Moon-lit image of Oulton Broad scores Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This stunning midnight shot in Oulton Broad has won the Lowestoft Journal's Picture of the Week.
The picture was captured by Peter Salmon from Carlton Colville on Friday, August 30.
The amateur photographer said he secured the shot on his Canon 600D.
He also used a 20 second exposure and a tripod while out shooting the night's sky.
Mr Salmon said: "It was taken in Oulton Broad on Friday night and shows the nice reflections of the lights in the water.
You may also want to watch:
"I am trying to get into star photography, but it is so difficult. I am looking forward to Winter so I can wake up at 5.30am instead of waiting until midnight."
As our winner, Mr Salmon receives a 10in x 8in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 8 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 9 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org