Students showcase fashion designs at Wisbech college
College of West Anglia catwalk display for fashion students
Students have been strutting their stuff on the catwalk for a fashion show of their work at the College of West Anglia.
The group have spent the last nine months creating their collections for the show at Isle Campus, Wisbech, which offers them the chance to showcase their work to the public.
'We are very proud of our excellent reputation in the world of fashion and textiles and the shows are an excellent opportunity to impress everyone with an end of year catwalk. The students put everything into this and their hard work and dedication is reflected in the high standard on display,' said lecturer Michelle James.
The students were inspired by everything from tropical fish to country-wear and funfairs to create their end of year pieces.
Final year students, many of who are heading to university, presented their own collections on themes ranging from African Queen to Armour.
The college's annual fashion challenge competition, thrown open to schools across Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Lincolnshire, gave entrants the theme of Royal Ascot.
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 3 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 4 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 5 City councillor investigated after Facebook golliwog post complaint
- 6 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 7 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 10 Greyhound saved from euthanasia among five dogs looking for homes
The winner was a student at Peterborough's King's School, Gracie Threlfall, whose design was brought to life by college staff member Lydia Davis for the show. The competition was sponsored by Wisbech company Top Stitch.
The show opens tomorrow (Wednesday) at noon with another at 7.30pm; Thursday at noon and 7.30pm and Friday at 7.30pm,
Tickets are �5, �3.50 concessions and are available on 01945 582561.