Students looking to be top of the subs
- Credit: Archant
A team of budding culinary experts from Thetford Academy are hoping to sell their sandwich after being shortlisted in a national competition.
Students from the school will go up against five others in a Dragons' Den style showdown as part of a competition to design and market a new six-inch sub sandwich.
The competition, run by fast food giants, Subway, has sparked the imagination of Daniel Greyson and Morgan Copp, both 17, and Armanie Senior and Laura Rourke, 18, into designing The BigNoc.
The sandwich features hearty Italian bread filled with turkey, bacon, cheese, salad and mayonnaise.
They will now head to St Edmund's College, Cambridge, to compete against five other schools to be crowned the overall winner.
You may also want to watch:
Amy Warnekey, business studies teacher at Thetford Academy, said: 'We are so proud that our students have been shortlisted as finalists in the challenge. The team have worked really hard to create their sub and it has been a great opportunity for them to put their business skills to the test. The whole school is looking forward to the final and are all rooting for them to win.'
The Academy team are competing for the chance to see their sub and marketing material launched in Subway stores across the region during February 2014, as well as winning £1,000 worth of Amazon vouchers.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England